Random Music News for Friday, July 24, 2015
Off to Las Vegas to see one of the last shows on the Rush tour. I’ll report back by early next week. Meanwhile, let’s get caught up on music news, shall we?
- Speaking of Vegas, Public Enemy’s Flavor Flav has been hit with a DUI while in the city.
- If you thought audiophile audio cables were an overpriced scam, wait until you get a load of audiophile Ethernet cables. (Via Doug)
- The NWA guys have something to say about that new bio-pic and Suge Knight.
- Drake vs. Meek Mill. Or is it the other way around?
- Jimmy Fallon joined U2 on stage in NYC this week.
- Meanwhile, here’s a history of U2’s love affair with New York,
- US Senator Al Franken–yes, the old SNL guy–wants to talk about Apple and their streaming music practices.
- CD sales plummet in Finland but streaming helps the market grow by 0.5%.
- China’s Alibaba has launched a music division.
- Want to fund a Chumbawamba documentary?
- I think as far as most people are concerned, the Philippines can keep Chris Brown.
- Amazon has started selling concert tickets but without all the extra charges.
- And the said the marriage between an indie musician and a supermodel wouldn’t last. Well, they were right.
- Katy Perry go boom.
- An inquest reveals the cause of the death of Nick Cave’s son.
- Another member of Negativland has died.
- A lot of Spotify users really, really hate the logo’s new shade of green.
- Bacon. (Via Tom)