First day of a
vacation staycation. That garden shed doesn’t want to seem to clean itself. But the music news never rests. Here’s what’s going on for July 31, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Here’s the latest on what’s happening with Canadian music venues during the pandemic.
- Coronavirus update 2: Lollapalooza goes virtual this weekend.
- Coronavirus update 3: Over a million people paid to participate in a virtual EDM event.
- Coronavirus update 4: Hockey play-by-play is now…different.
- There is something very strange about the signatures on Kanye’s petition to appear on the presidential ballot in New Jersey.
- Spotify says that it hosts 1.5 million podcast episodes, 50% of which were launched in 2020.
- Australia has a way to prevent songs from becoming political anthems.
- Did Tay-Tay steal the artwork for her Folklore album?
- Some US senators are increasing pressure to have TikTok banned.
- Elton John pays a LOT for air conditioning.
- Remembering SARSstock, 17 years ago today.
- Radio programming is undergoing a re-think. Here’s why.
- Want some information on how to have a career in music in Canada? Bob D’Eith has a new audiobook.
- Still having trouble convincing your boss that podcasting and social media is worth it? Watch this.
- People are now trolling music writers for saying things they don’t like.