Wait: Auto insurance covers getting an STD in a car? Apparently so. Mull that over as you skim through music news for June 10, 2022.
- The Alanis Morissette musical, Jagged Little Pill, is coming to Canada.
- Watch out for a bunch of unreleased tracks and demos from Blondie.
- Spotify is expanding into audiobooks.
- Spotify is aiming to have a billion users before the decade is out.
- A new study says 84% of people going to music festivals this summer will take drugs. And the druggiest of all the music festivals is…
- Prosecutors want R Kelly to get 25 years in jail.
- This concert turned into a “flooded, rodent-infested nightmare.” Ew.
- Meanwhile, Morrissey has announced a new tour which means more fans will experience the joys of a last-minute cancellation.
- Jack White was right.
- Ukrainian rappers are raging against the Russian invasion. Here’s an example. Like we needed more Grammy categories. Next year will feature awards for things like “Best Song for Change.“
- Is it a big deal to be #1 on iTunes? Probably not.
- NFTs? In a slump. People are bored.
- Sennheiser wants to make Mercedes-Benz vehicles sound better. Or something like that.
BONUS: What is the least-viewed article on Wikipedia? That’s…complicated.
BONUS BONUS: Shopping mall Foo Fighters (via Sean)