Can political comedy discuss the current anti-racism protests? Take a look at this from Jonathan Pie, a fictional political reporters invented by comedian Tom Walker.
This is music news for June 12, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Coachella may not reappear until October 2021.
- Coronavirus update 2: Canadian indie week would like your help with a survey about going forward in the era of COVID-19.
- Tom Morello had to explain a few things to a fan who just realized that the band was political.
- Investments in musical VR companies continue. Take a look at Wave.
- Here’s another area where Facebook got it wrong when it came to music.
- This podcast celebrates 100 years of radio in Canada. GIve it a listen.
- Canada’s first-ever metal live stream is coming from Anvil.
- What’s wrong with people? There was gunfire at a vigil for a slain Toronto rapper.
- Twitter has a new feature that asks people to think about that tweet before they post it.
- Bread and Beethoven.
- Newborns and whiskey.
- This music video was painted entirely on an iPad.
- Good news! Ed Sheeran’s favourite hot dog stand is open again.
- Lady Antebellum has changed their name to Lady A to scrub any attributes their former name had with the US South.
- David Crosby has a finger injury that may keep him from playing guitar again.
- The NYPD has “hip-pop police” that spy on rappers? Apparently.
And I’ll leave you with this as restaurants start to reopen. (Via Moutray)