YAY RAPTORS! So much for the Drake Curse, I guess.
Still in Ottawa for the weekend for a series of speaking gigs. Is a rain-free day too much to ask for? Here’s music news for June 14, 2019.
- Baby Shark is going on a 100-city tour. Run.
- GWAR wants to visit Archie in Riverdale. This must happen. (Via Tom)
- Fewer ticket-buying bots, please. The US Congress is moving to add more regulations to the sales of tickets.
- After having a difficult operation, Cardi B has announced she will never have any more plastic surgery.
- This a great read for anyone who is isn’t vintage synthesizers. (One more from Tom.)
- When are you too old to wear that punk rock t-shirt? Discuss.
- An appreciation of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures 40 years later.
- Well, this was a nice surprise for this couple.
- Leonard Cohen’s love letters sold at auction for US$1 million.
- As if Suge Knight wasn’t already in enough trouble.
- Britney Spears has secured another restraining order against a former manager.
- Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman, together again.
- “Fake festivals” like “Glastonbudget” are a growing thing thanks to the rising cost of tickets to real festivals. (Via Tom again)
- The Royal Albert, a Winnipeg punk rock mecca, reopens today. (Still more from Tom)
- Hey, Bow Wow! That $1,000 was meant for strippers!
- Spotify is rolling out some UI changes. Not in Canada yet, but they’re coming.
- Meanwhile, Apple is removing iTunes branding and links from its websites.