A serious history of the MILF. You’re welcome. On to music news for June 16, 2023.
- The bathrooms have become a gender battleground on Taylor Swift’s tour. (Via Rick J)
- Ticketmaster and SeatGeek have presented a plan for all-in ticket pricing (i.e. no surprise charges at checkout.)
- Lady Gaga has a new headache.
- The mean side of John Lennon.
- New York punk veteran Jesse Malin of D Generation has suffered a spiral stroke and is now paralyzed from the waist down. A fundraiser has been launched.
- Remember when Taylor Swift swallowed a bug during a show? That’s inspired a new cocktail.
- A streaming music service for businesses? It already exists.
- Beyonce is being blamed for high inflation in Sweden.
- And so it begins: A radio station in Portland, Oregon, is using an AI DJ. Twitter is not happy about this. Let’s have a listen, shall we?
- Pulp is back and they have a new blend of tea.
- There will be three new categories at the Grammy Awards next year.
- Why are national anthems (well, in the US, anyway) played before sporting events? Here’s a history of that.
BONUS: Have you seen Ed Sheeran’s teddy bear/hot sauce commercial?