Ever read The Three-Body Problem? It’s one of the best sci-fi books I’ve ever read–and I’ve read a lot of them. It’s a good story, but what if its central premise were true? Could it be? As you prepare to welcome your new alien overlords, look over music news for June 17, 2022.
- Spare a thought for poor NOW magazine and hope that it survives.
- Here’s what’s going on with Mick Jagger’s case of COVID.
- Prepping for Glastonbury. (Via Sean)
- Marketing new music is more exhausting than ever. Here’s why.
- Some Sex Pistols singles sold for big bucks at an auction in the UK.
- This 67-year-old guy went crowd-surfing at a Killers show. Rock on, dude! I hope to do the same when I’m your age.
- Want to work out with your favourite musician? Take a look at this app.
- Someone paid US$75,000 for a sealed VHS copy of Back to the Future. WTF?
- Attention Juggalos! There’s new Faygo ice cream!
- It’s very possible that the next Joker movie will be a musical starring Lada Gaga as Harley Quinn.
- A debut album at age 66? Why not?
- The guy who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan is now a free man and a musician–but getting gigs is a problem.
BONUS: This guy.