Published on June 21st, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, June 21, 2019
The first day of summer. Some parts of Canada are still waiting for spring. This is what’s making music news for June 21, 2019.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- A Motorhead lawn mower.
- Ozzy has been cast as a troll.
- Podcasting is hot and getting hotter.
- Elton John talks about being gay.
- Jack White doesn’t own a cell phone. Not surprising, innit?
- Cool app: Setify turns Setlist.fm setlists into playlists.
- I can get behind this meme: The SLAYER screaming challenge.
- The average member of SOCAN (Canada’s performing rights organization) realized $54 in revenue from streaming services. Go ahead and read that sentence again. That wasn’t a typo.
- Here come the holograms. No use fighting it.
- Wanna know how the Foo Fighters get some of their guitar sounds? Read this.
- Cassius Zdar, a producer who worked with Phoenix, Kanye, and others, has died after falling from a building in Paris.
- British scientists have taught a bunch of seals to sing.
- Yes, that’s death metal corpse paint sneaking into country music.