Published on June 22nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, June 22, 2018
Thirty-two years ago today, Diego Maradona scored his famous Hand of God goal at the 1986 World Cup. Moving to music news for June 22, 2018…
- So what sorts of plans does Facebook have for music? Let’s take a look.
- Canada isn’t the only country that argues about how much domestic music is played on the radio. Australia is going through it, too.
- Are you a Red Hot Chili Pepper fan? Wanna buy Flea’s house? It’s for sale.
- Now it’s Piers Morgan vs. Andrew Ridgely (ex of Wham).
- The 50th-anniversary edition of the Beatles white album is almost ready.
- Imagine singing the same song for 1,000 years. No, that’s not a typo.
- An elderly couple is getting death threats after wrongly being linked to the killing of rapper XXXTenacion.
- Meanwhile, death has been good for XXXTenacion’s streaming numbers. Very good. He’s breaking records.
- Warner Music has invested in a fitness project.
- Another artist has launched his own cryptocurrency. And he wants to build his own city in Senegal.
- The new Nine Inch Nails album, Bad Witch, is out today. Trent Reznor talks about here and calls out Taylor Swift here.
- Dave Grohl is very sorry about his Carpool Karaoke appearance.
- Instagram now has one billion monthly users. Add that to WhatsApp and Messenger and there’s no escaping the Facebook suite of apps.
- Quick timesuck: Check out this guy’s musical landmarks tour.
- This person prevents celebrities from blowing all their money.
- Google’s new podcast app is getting some very good reviews.
- If you’re into the world of David Lynch, you should probably read this.
- What about all this violence in rap lately? We should pay attention.
- On a more pleasant note, 50 Cent is a big tipper.
- Do you read from a phone or tablet before bed? Yeah, there’s a health problem with that. And here’s another that affects mostly women.