Looking for a peaceful summer vacation? This Finnish tourist island has been declared phone-free. Now we have music news for June 23, 2023.
- The alleged shooter at the EDM festival in Washington state last week (two people were killed many were injured) was stationed at a US Army base.
- Meanwhile at Glastonbury… (Via Sean)
- Correct, Elton John.
- Still with Elton, I don’t think he had pizza delivery in mind when he wrote “Rocket Man.”
- Damn, it’s expensive to drink at Glastonbury.
- It’s official: Dolly Parton rocks.
- TikTok says it’s going spend “billions” in Indonesia and Southeast Asia. I wonder how that will play out?
- Here come the AI voice changers. (Via Andrew)
- Pharrell Williams has a new Louis Vuitton collection. Must be nice, huh?
- When a head of state requests that you tour their country, you’re officially a big deal.
- Eddie Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher” guitar is for sale for US$220,000. Seems reasonable, actually.
- So what does the touring industry think about Ticketmaster’s new “all-in” pricing approach? This.
- Want to know why so many companies are buying up artists’ publishing? Because the publishing business is big and getting bigger.
- Metal romance. Very good use of a mosh pit.
- If you’re into synths and you’ve always wanted to know about MIDI, go here.
- Before Tina Turner died, her son, Ike Jr., was having some serious drug issues.
- Don’t you hate it when it hails at an outdoor show? I mean, REALLY hails! And people got hurt.
- Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill” has reached one billion streams on Spotify. This is the first time for a female singer from the 80s.
BONUS: This is a typewriter for musical notation. Who knew?