Published on June 28th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, June 28, 2019
Summer long weekend number 2. How many people are going to *cough* call in sick today to make a four-dayer? Can you blame them? Here’s music news for June 28, 2019.
- And how are things going at Glastonbury so far? And what’s this “hippy crack” thing? Oh.
- Still with Glastonbury, here’s how the posh people are doing it.
- The rumour is that Leo DiCaprio likes to have sex while wearing noise-cancelling headphones.
- Vivendi, the parent company of Universal Music Group, would like to sell the company. However, with UMG dealing with the fallout from the disastrous 2008 fire, the sale is on “indefinite pause.”
- On that note, how is Universal’s artist outreach over the issue going?
- The Black Sabbath Bridge. That’s not a musical term, either.
- I will definitely be going to this.
- Apple Music says it now has 60 million paying subscribers worldwide.
- The Clash has made an appearance in the US presidential election.
- K-pop: Now it rules the app world.
- This woman ended up giving birth during a Pink concert and…
- How would you like to earn a Ph.D. in heavy metal? One university is offering the opportunity.
- New Orleans musical legend Dr. John had a big New Orleans-style funeral. (Via Tom)
- Brian Eno now has his own asteroid.
- OJ Simpson says he used to hide out at Michael Jackson’s house.