Dude, you do NOT call 911 because mom changed the password on your Xbox. Chill out with some music news for March 12, 2021.
- Is the worst still to come with the Canadian arts scene because of COVID? Maybe.
- A former member of New Found Glory was fired from the band in 2014 when he faced child porn charges. His trial is now over and he’s released a statement. There were convictions, but the situation may not be as cut-and-dried as it first appeared.
- Kanye and Kim aren’t speaking as divorce proceedings roll on.
- Sarah McLachlan did a really nice thing for a 90-year-old woman in Vancouver.
- Joe Trohman of Fall Out Boy is about to launch a podcast focused on mental health. It’s called “I Hate Myself.”
- Kenneth Branagh is going to direct a Bee Gees biopic.
- Meanwhile, Madness is getting their own TV series.
- NO! NEVER!
- And this is equal parts cool, creepy, and disturbing.
- The war between Spotify and one of the big K-pop producers has been settled. Songs that were pulled in the dispute have returned to the platform.
- More memes have been turned into NFTs. Madness.
- Artists can now sell merch through a new mobile app integration with Amazon Music. Naturally, Amazon will ship the stuff out.
- I LOVE these film restorations. It takes the past out of black-and-white. (Via Larry)
- Crown Lands is the latest band to land a feature in Rolling Stone. (Via Paul)
BONUS: The Dave Grohl kettle.