Random music news for Friday, March 17, 2023
Is Ryan Reynolds the richest Canadian entertainer ever. Maybe, now that this deal has gone down. Moving on to music news for March 17, 2023.
- Do you have a vinyl collection? Are you protecting it properly? Read this.
- Justin Bieber’s paralyzed face is getting better.
- This week’s big debate: Meg White’s drumming skills. It all seems have started here. And now Jack White has weighed in.
- Singer Bobby Caldwell has died at 71. His backstory is incredible.
- Need an inspiring story going into the weekend? Here you go.
- Radio dead? Nope. Here’s the latest proof.
- Welcome back, Toronto’s Silver Dollar! The venue has reopened after five years.
- This is a new way to deliver weather forecasts.
- Interesting: AI vs. copyright laws. It may seem like an arcane legal argument now, but this issue is only going to become a bigger deal. See?
- Still with AI, the technology is coming for the jobs of journalists.
- Here’s why we need to buy merch when we go to concerts.
- There’s a strange legal battle over the song “Sign of the Gypsy Queen,” which ended up being a hit for April Wine.
- “The trouble with Canadian content.” Discuss.
- The US government is pushing Bytedance, the Chinese owners of TikTok, to sell in order to mitigate security concerns.
BONUS: Gwyneth Paltrow may have reached peak Gwyneth Paltrow with her “rectal ozone therapy.”
BONUS BONUS: This guy had two big inventions. They were originally thought to be groundbreaking and brilliant. But it turned out they were unbelievably awful for the planet. What a story!