Damn. I was really hoping for aliens, but maybe not. Next time. Drown your disappointment in music news for March 19, 2021.
- No Coachella this year. It’s apparently moving from October to April 2022.
- If you’re in Toronto, there’s a walking tour of Yonge Street of lost music venues.
- Remember the dude skateboarding to Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams” on TikTok? He’s trying to sell the original as an NFT. There are problems, however.
- Blink-182’s Travis Barker is now in tight with the Kardashians. Kourtney, specifically.
- Trouble sleeping? Try these new remixes.
- This is a brilliant article on the “lost” Lee Mavers of The La’s.
- If you upload material to YouTube, this new tool may help you avoid unfair copyright takedowns.
- A singing dog? I’m in.
- How much of a carbon footprint does video streaming have? Netflix says they’ve made some calculations.
- What would it be like if Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, and Grimes all toured together on this same bus? This.
- This is the metal musician fighting Poland’s blasphemy laws. (Via Sean)
- The Beastie Boys’ Adam Horowitz is selling this place in New York.
- Black Sabbath’s Geezer Butler is working on a memoir.
- Ringo Starr, still going strong with a new EP. Here’s an interview.
- How much does Spotify pay artists? Here’s another analysis.
BONUS: You can now buy a toilet paper NFT.