Published on March 27th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 27, 2015
On another airplane today. I used to think traveling for business would be fun. How silly of me.
- Wait: Could a new System of a Down album be in the works?
- The day Elvis’ hair didn’t go into the army. (Via Tom)
- This Australian drummer girl did a good thing for her dad.
- A Spice Girls reunion? Gawd…
- How Canada supports its musicians through government funding, part 714: 123 recipients get money from Ontario. It’s just good business.
- A new type of car radio? This looks interesting.
BillyWilliam Corgan might disband the Smashing Pumpkins because people seem to be more interested in the band’s classic material than what they’re doing now. Well, duh…
- The hot new sport for rock’n’rollers is…equestrian show jumping?
- Facebook wants to take on YouTube with new embeddable video.
- Kanye West’s agent can now get some sleep now that he’s Kanye’s ex-agent.
- If you’re in Toronto, here are the top 20 record stores by neighbourhood across the city.
- THIS is how you run a subway music system. Nice work, Tapei!
- So what kind of surgery does Ozzy need that Ozzfiesta had to be cancelled?
- New theory: the Barenaked Ladies’ “One Week” is all about MURDER.
- The nominees for the Hamilton Music Awards have been announced.