Here’s one bright side to the coronavirus situation: Airlines (the ones still flying, anyway) are doing away with the middle seat for the duration of the crisis. Gotta keep that social distance, right?
Here’s music news for Friday, March 27, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Won’t someone please think of Ozzy?
- Coronavirus update 2: Didn’t I say that radio is a good antidote to the COVID-19 situation? (Yes, I did. And it’s more than just me saying this, too.)
- Coronvirus update 3: Rock’n’roll hotel The Chateau Marmont has fired almost all its employees.
- Coronavirus update 4: Panicked and anxious over all this? There’s a webinar coming up called Managing Pandemic Anxiety in the Arts. Details here.
- Coronavirus update 5: An email scam is preying on anxious musicians. This is probably the first of many.
- Coronavirus update 6: StubHub has laid off about two-thirds of its staff.
- Coronavirus update 7: PRS, a British performing rights collective, has opened a new fund to help musicians.
- Coronavirus update 8: Live Nation has canceled some major festivals in the UK.
- Here are some tips on how to collaborate remotely with other musicians.
- This is an interesting alternate look at music and radio play data. It’s worth a look.
- Tom Petty’s former home just sold for US$4.9 million (a bargain in places like Toronto and Vancouver).
- Got a noisy neighbour who’s playing loud music over a Bluetooth speaker? Here’s a way to fix that.
- Kylie Minogue wine. Any wine will come in handy these days.
- Don’t read this item. It’s not important. Focus on things that matter.