Published on May 17th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, May 17, 2019
Today is one of my favourite days of the year. This long weekend signals the unofficial start of summer in Canada and conjures all kinds of hopes and dreams of what’s to come in the next couple of months. Let’s make it a good one.
Meanwhile, here’s some music news for May 17, 2019.
- So far, a Milwaukee radio station has been able to ward off the Drake Curse for the bucks. Here’s how they did it for game one of the Eastern Conference semi-final between the Bucks and the Toronto Raptors.
- Where, exactly did PledgeMusic go wrong? A former employee has some thoughts.
- Why hang onto your CDs? Here are some fine reasons.
- This is interesting: Airtable ranks indie bands based on their coolness fact. Discuss.
- There’s a new album and concert film coming from Soundgarden.
- In a band looking for new merch idea? Take a look at this.
- Adele has bought herself a second home. It’s nice.
- If you’re a fan of 80s British metal, you’ll appreciate this article.
- Twitter and Elton John vs. the world.
- And it has nothing to do with Rocketman being the first movie from a major studio to depict gay male sex.
- Facebook will now sell you tickets.
- Well, this is a weird accomplishment by Vampire Weekend.