Published on May 25th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, May 25, 2018
On a day just like this long, long ago–1977, to be exact–Star Wars opened in theatres. Now let’s move to music news for May 25, 2018.
- This American smuggled rock music out of the USSR. Usually, it was the other way around.
- Then there’s this podcast of the underground rock scene in the Soviet Union. (Via Jillian)
- Here’s a good timesuck to pass the time leading up to the weekend: a talk about Bowie’s relationship to sci-fi and fantasy.
- How different is Pope Francis? He picked Rod Stewart and his wife out of a crowd.
- Spotify has settled one of its outstanding class action lawsuits.
- This teen pianist is doing just fine with only four fingers.
- Michael Jackson’s estate is not happy about an ABC special called The Last Days of Michael Jackson.
- How Tom Wolfe changed music journalism.
- The value of the whole EDM scene dropped last year, including a 4.8% fall in Canada. Has the EDM scene peaked?
- This is a great podcast featuring Moby. It’s worth the listen.
- Are you into synths? Check out this new stackable unit.
- Speaking of synths, we need to acknowledge the birthday of Bob Moog which happened this week.
- Want to know what Apple knows about you? Go here.
- Want to smoke with Snoop Dogg? Go here.
- Ed Sheeran is REALLY going after scalpers by cancelling tickets.
- Another Grammy scandal is brewing.
- Liam Gallagher met his love child daughter for the first time.
- How to make it as a music journalist.
- Lenny Kravitz looks back in his 30 years in music.