Microsoft to Calibri: “Buh-bye.” The company now needs help choosing a new default font. Consider that while you browse music news for May 7, 2021.
- When will love music make a comeback in Canada? Read this on Live Nation Canada and then this story from the CBC.
- Even more #MeToo problems for Marilyn Manson.
- A new study of American music consumption says that the popularity of pop and hip-hop is up while country is down. Alternative is about static.
- Amazingly, American radio stations still don’t pay performers for airplay.
- Tommy Lee of Motley Crue has a new house with a koi pond.
- Meanwhile, the “castle” where Phil Spector murdered Lana Clarkson has sold for US$3.3 million.
- Megan Thee Stallion is going to host a show on celebrity pets on Snapchat.
- Paul McCartney is getting his own postage stamp in the UK.
- UB40 says that back in the day, MI5 was tapping their phones. (Via Sean)
- Deadmau5 has a new dance label with a different sort of business model.
- Okay, I gotta read this new series of music books.
- Simon Ward, the frontman for Strumbellas, talks about his battle with depression.
- Tegan and Sara’s memoir High School will be turned into a TV series of Amazon.
- Billboard and Twitter have launched a new music chart to follow “hot trending” songs on Twitter.
- Clubhouse is looking to invent something called “radio.”
- Ed Sheeran is ready for some football.
- Drake is giving away some of his candles through Uber this weekend.
Miss yesterday’s news? Find it here