Paraskevidekatriaphobia. Look it up. Here’s a hint: music news for Friday, November 13.
- Coronavirus update: The Lockdown Awards? I guess it was just a matter of time before someone did this.
- The Weeknd has been tagged to host the Super Bowl halftime show, the first Canadian do get the gig.
- And speaking of awards, there’s the brand new Broadcast Dialogue Canadian Radio Awards.
- Is TikTok getting banned in the US or not? It seems as if the Trump administration “forgot.”
- Donald Trump vs. Eddie Grant. Yeah, good luck, D.
- The Japanese are finally starting to move from CDs to streaming music services. (Via Darren)
- How did Kitchener land a major Rolling Stones museum exhibit? Like this.
- If you’re a musician who releases material online, then you need to read this article about metadata.
- Looking for a trombone? This one is…interesting.
- Britney offers a new song as a 12-inch single.
- I LOVE these Amanda Palmer “F**K 2020” holiday cards.
- Do people still buy CDs? Absolutely. And by the tens of millions, too.
- If you’re going to lay out a circuit board, you might as well do it featuring the history of rock. Here’s what I mean.
And as a bonus, more Jonathan Pie on the US election.