This cat might be a musical genius–or it might be broken. Your call. Moving on to music news for November 17, 2023.
- Seam Combs has been accused of rape and abuse by a singer once signed to his label.
- Martin Scorsese hosted a private memorial for his longtime friend and musical collaborator, Robbie Robertson.
- YouTube has a way to allow labels to block AI-generated voice clones.
- Concerned about fake Spotify playlists? Here’s a way to spot them.
- Put up a fake stream on Spotify, get charged US$10.
- An alleged victim of a K-pop sex abuse scandal has died, perhaps from suicide.
- A statue of Lemmy? It could happen.
- Tay-Tay’s New York City compound is worth US$50 million.
- And now boyfriend Travis Kelce is getting into the music business with a Christmas song.
- Spotify has a new report on podcast trends. Read it here.
- This new chip could revolutionize speakers, headphones, and earbuds.
- Here’s a good explaination as to why concert tickets are so expensive.
- This new software instrument from Roland contains 20,000 sounds.
- Gene Simmons says Kiss the Band is coming to an end. But it’s not the end for KISS the Brand.
- Pussy Riot brought a giant vulva to a protest. Where do you get something like that?\
- Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow was sued by a guy over a ski accident? The trial is being set to music.
- Anyone want to buy a pair of Ed Sheeran’s boxers? They’re going up for auction.
BONUS: This is an amazing bit of editing.