Nanobots are now real. This will freak out the tinfoil hat people. The music news for November 19, 2021, is nowhere near that alarming.
- How did punk shows not devolve into the death and destructive that we saw with the Astroworld Festival. It was because of this.
- Sting might be the next to sell is catalogue. The rumoured price is US$250 million.
- Meanwhile, Elton John says he’ll never sell his song catalogue.
- Iman will never re-marry after the death of husband David Bowie.
- Some interesting history: How Bob Dylan landed his first recording session.
- Gossip: Shawm Mendes and Camila Cabello have broken up.
- Streaming music service Tidal is adding a free tier to compete more directly with Spotify.
- Apple will soon allow us to fix out own devices. This is a response to the growing “right to repair” movement.
- Ed Sheeran + Pokemon Go = This.
- Can 12,000 people play the same classical music piece for five minutes? We’ll see.
- More conspicuous consumption from Drake.
- COVID restrictions are hell for Canadian bands who need to jump back and forth across the border.
- Using NFTs in a band contest? WTF? (Via Peter)
- Here’s an interesting report about how music is being used on UK TV.
- If you’re in the radio business like me, you’ll find this column on the state of radio interesting.
BONUS: Oh. So that’s why pot smells that way.
More news? Check here.