Before we begin, South Korea has unveiled their AI-powered TV news anchor. Scary, really.
Now that you’re freaked out, try some music news for November 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Eurovision 2021 will feature pre-recorded performances because of you-know-what.
- Coronavirus update 2: We’re running out of scripted television, so there are more game shows. Name That Tune is coming back.
- Coronavirus update 3: There’s some bad news and some good news about COVID’s impact on the UK music industry.
- Coronavirus update 4: Sharon Osbourne is self-isolating again after coming into contact with a COVID-infected person. Gotta protect Ozzy, you know?
- Bobby Brown’s son, Bobby Brown Jr, has died at the age of 28.
- Want to buy Alex Van Halen’s stage-played drumkit from 1980? That’ll be US$275,000, please.
- Or how about a pair of pants once worn by Elvis Presley?
- So the Hole reunion is happening? Maybe.
- The most-Shazamed song of all time is now “Dance Monkey” from Tones and I.
- Who you singing about here, Macca? An ex-wife, maybe?
- The next target for streaming music companies? Arab nations, which have been up until now underserved.
- A flamethrower?
- Looking for the site of the Lynyrd Skynyrd plane crash? There are now road signs in Mississippi pointing you in the right direction (Via Tom)
- What do you do when you get a lot of hate tweets? Turn them all into a punk record.
- Spike Lee is going to direct a musical about–wait for it–Viagara.
- This sounds like an interesting music-based movie.