Published on November 23rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, November 23, 2018
- Rolling stones and life on Mars–or at least one of its moons. (Not really, but I couldn’t resist writing that sentence.)
- Madonna spent Thanksgiving in Malawi with her six kids.
- Who knew that BB King did a Yngwie Malmsteen tribute? (Not really, but this is some pretty fine editing. Via Danny.)
- Miami’s Ultra Music Festival may be so loud that it’s hurting fish. (Yes. Really.)
- Beatles fans interested in the re-release of the white album will be interested in this and this.
- Interested in how AI is impacting music? Read this primer.
- Interesting theory: Britpop caused Brexit. Discuss.
- A jury has awarded a woman $3.8 million US in a stage diving lawsuit against Skrillex.
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard from Wu-Tang may be dead, but that hasn’t stopped him from getting his own cryptocurrency. It’s called ODBCoin, of course.
- Speaking of dead people, is more music about to come from Tupac? That’s the rumour.
- Tom Petty’s former mansion has been sold.
- Of course there will be a fundraising concert for victims of the California wildfires. That’s what you do, right? Endure a disaster, put on a show.
- This guy quit the band that would become Queen, making room for some guy named Freddie Mercury.
- Drake’s new line of merch is inspired by strips clubs.
- No surprise here: a study shows that Canadians are more polite on Twitter than Americans.
- Meanwhile back in Russia, don’t do this.
- And if you’re a Prince impersonator, don’t do this.