Yikes. This is the stuff of my nightmares. As for music news on October 15, 2021…
- About two-thirds of US music fans support vaccines and mask mandates for concerts.
- Speaking of which: Concert attendance in the time of COVID.
- Spotify and other streamers have just proposed “the lowest royalty rates in history” for songwriters.
- Meanwhile, it’s now legal to buy shares in a hit song in the US.
- This is cool: Songs that helped war vets get through the tough times. (Via Matt)
- This pitch to Steve Jobs went very wrong.
- And this review of the new Coldplay album, Music of the Spheres, is pretty brutal.
- There is something very strange happening in the custody battle between Josh Homme and Brody Dalle.
- Read this and you won’t think of Aerosmith’s “Walk the Way” in the same way again.
- The story behind the dirtiest clean-sounding AM radio pop song of the 1970s.
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters has married for the fifth time.
- Canada’s wireless costs still suck when compared to the rest of the world.
- Social media is like alcohol. Discuss.
- Dolby ATMOS is coming to live music. This I gotta hear.
BONUS: Twist your melon with this optical illusion. (Via Larry)
More news? Check here.