Published on October 19th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, October 19, 2018
Still no societal collapse in Canada following the legalization of weed. You know, if we do this right, we can become a world leader in so many ways. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, here’s music news for Friday, October 19, 2018.
- Britney Spears has signed up for a new series of shows in Las Vegas. She’ll get $507,000 US per gig.
- Word is Rihanna turned down a chance to perform at the Super Bowl to be in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.
- Why are Bono and so many other people contributing to a compilation dedicated to a dead cat?
- Apple has another hardware event scheduled for October 30.
- Here’s another lament for the decline of album artwork and liner notes.
- “Despacito” keeps setting marks for the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Are you losing your hearing? There’s a new breakthrough that might help.
- There seems to be a dramatic slowdown in the spread of Internet service. This isn’t good.
- Still confused about K-pop? Take a look at this.
- Are you a Spotify subscriber and use the mobile app? You’ll soon notice some changes.
- Canada thanks you, Stephen Colbert.
- There’s been a lineup change in The Lumineers.
- More proof that you can find inspiration for art just about anywhere. (Via Tom)
- A classically-trained hip-hop duo? Why not? (Via Danny)