If only I had room for this TV. I do have bandwidth for music news for October 7, 2022, though…
- The Taylor Swift “Shake It Off” plagiarism case continues. It’s another silly one.
- If you’re a parent, when do you let kids start having screen time? You might want to read this.
- Miss Crimea has been fined by Russia for singing a patriotic Ukrainian song.
- The secret buried master tape has been found! (This is a cool story.)
- What, exactly, is “immersive audio?” Here’s an explainer.
- Wow. This is painful.
- “The future of A&R is about scenes.” Discuss.
- There’s a big labour shortage affecting parts of the live music scene.
- Interesting: How Pearl Jam’s “Jeremy” reshaped culture.
- Jay-Z has made an investment in pizza-making robots.
- Spotify has a new partnership with Delta Airlines.
- With the 40th anniversary of the release of Michael Jackson’s Thriller coming up, there’s a new documentary in the works.
- Try this: A survey on the future of streaming.
- How about a Halloween costume from The Weeknd?
- Are AI tools a threat to real musicians? Maybe. Or maybe not.
- The 100 best karoake songs of all time. Discuss.
BONUS: This little guy.