Have you heard about the Peruvian alien bodies? I want to believe. However, we should probably not get too excited and stick with music news for September 15, 2023.
- The Milli Vanilli documentary is coming to Paramount+ next month.
- That’s a no-no Bo-bo.
- Here’s another example of how the music charts are broken. Should artists and labels be allowed to juice things like this?
- “Taylor Swift is a snake–in the most positive way!” Discuss.
- Taylor Swift is going after Trump. He’s toast.
- Mick Jagger just sold his Miami house for US$3.25 million. (Via Rick J)
- “Corporate Goths.” They’re a thing.
- Hate your job? Imagine being Kanye West’s building contractor.
- In defense of white noise: Discuss.
- A British radio personality told British MPs that there’s a “tidal wave” of sexual assault stories from the music industry waiting to be told.
- Atlantic Records, one of the most important labels of all time, is turning 75. The company is releasing 90 special LPs on vinyl.
- Huey Lewis talks about his hearing loss. “I can’t hear music at all.”
- One of Mexico’s biggest singing stars has been threatened by a drug cartel: “Stop singing disrespectful El Chapo songs.”
- The Hipgnosis Song Fund is selling 29 song catalogues. The music and investment industries are watching closely. And here’s your chance to own “Super Freak” by Rick James.
BONUS: You mean I’ve been wasting money on expensive running shoes?