Labour Day Weekend already? There must be a mistake. How can summer be over? Distract yourself from that fact with some music news for September 2, 2022.
- Feist has left Arcade Fire’s WE tour because of all the allegations swirling about frontman Wil Butler.
- Dua Lipa is the latest artist to get sucked into a stupid plagiarism lawsuit.
- “Does Ticketmaster have a monopoly on live events?” Discuss.
- Fans should really stop throwing chicken nuggets at Harry Styles. It’s a waste of snack food.
- Bauhaus has canceled their North American tour–it was supposed to start next week in Toronto–because Peter Murphy has gone to rehab.
- Turns out there was a MAJOR Instagram verification scheme that involved some fake musicians. (Via Andrew)
- Twitter is experimenting with a feature that allows live audio conversations.
- Recording studios in the UK could be forced to close because of high energy prices.
- Dolly Parton has a new line of dog accessories. That includes wigs for dogs. You read that correctly.
- Is a Hoobastank docuseries really necessary? Apparently.
- For the last time, James Hetfield does not sing about “eggs” in “Enter Sandman.”
- This Ian Curtis mural situation needs to be solved.
- Daniel Johns of Silverchair opens up about his car accident that he says nearly killed him.
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller will get a 40th-anniversary release on November 18 with fifteen extra tracks.
- Get with it, Japan!
BONUS: This is what happens when a cartoon character falls out of copyright and into the public domain. This ain’t my Winnie the Pooh.