Random music news for Friday, September 20, 2019
Day five of what was supposed to be a two-day hospital stay for kidney stone surgery. My body is just being difficult. Music news for September 20, 2019.
- Ticketmaster vs. the US Justice Dept: This is pretty antagonistic.
- And Ticketmaster says it’s not planning to deploy facial recognition technology at shows. At least not “currently.”
- Metallica is officially the biggest metal band in the world.
- Wanna buy one of Kanye’s homes? This one is back up for sale.
- Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, together again.
- Why would Drake get a tattoo of Celine Dion’s face? She says “Don’t even think about it.”
- Damn. I gotta get to New York to see this Play It Loud music instrument exhibition before it closes.
- Pop songs are coming from artists faster and faster. Here’s why.
- This Winnipeg rock band made up of retirees has been asked to move because they’re too loud. What was that being if it’s too loud you’re too old? (Via Tom)
- Remember when Kathy Griffiths released a picture of her holding up Donald Trump’s severed head? British rapper Slowthai just did something similar with Boris Johnson.
- TJ Jackson–Michael Jackson’s nephew–says he’s the sole guardian of Michael’s kids.
- We now have a digital stream of the final White Stripes concert from 2007.