Is this guy now officially the World’s Most Embarrassing Dad? Maybe. I’ll try to keep the embarrassment to a minimum with music news for September 22, 2023.
- Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley may be out of the hospital after that heart failure sure, but he’s still not feeling well.
- Russell Brand is being expunged from Spotify in light of all those sexual assault allegations.
- For once, Ted Nugent is correct.
- It’s the 15th anniversary of Travis Barker’s horrific plane crash. He shared this tribute.
- TikTok has now been downloaded over 4.4 billion times.
- Here’s another interesting story on the power of music therapy.
- This sounds like a fun train ride.
- Are we going to be hit with more increases in the price of streaming? It’s starting to look like it.
- Paul Anka’s place in California is up for sale. Just US$10 million.
- Interesting: How rap is written today. You may be surprised.
- Also interesting: The three eras of podcasting.
- Indie darling Sufjan Stevens has been hospitalized with Guillian-Barre Syndrome.
- Six tapes of rare Beatles recordings are up for sale.
- Remember how NFTs were supposed to save music? They’re now officially worthless.
- Here’s a good interview with the architect who built the iconic Capitol Records building in LA.
- Here’s something that the cassette is good for: Saving music in Afghanistan from the Taliban.
- There’s another song copyright lawsuit. This time it’s against Zayn Malik over the song “Better.”
BONUS: This AI can understand what chicken are saying with 80% accuracy.
BONUS BONUS: How does your bedroom compare to this?