Random music news for Friday, September 25, 2020
I gotta stop buying the stuff advertised in Instagram. My record is Pieces of Crap 5, Actually Useful Stuff 1. Consider this a safety tip. Now some music news for September 25, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: SXSW is already planning for a virtual festival in 2021.
- Coronavirus update 2: A big problem for music venues these days? COVID-19 insurance.
- Coronavirus update 3: Van Morrison may have just released some sketchy songs about COVID-19, but at least he’s donating money to musicians who can’t tour.
- Coronavirus update 4: Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy, has two daughters with COVID-19. Keep them away from grandpa!
- Shawn Mendes won a whack of SOCAN Awards this week.
- Wanna buy John Lennon’s old NY penthouse apartment? It’s for sale.
- Having trouble sleeping? Take a look at Bose’s “Sleepbuds.”
- Some people should never, ever go on social media.
- ANOTHER plagiarism fight. This one will be ugly, of course.
- Record Store Day 2020 Part 2 is coming up tomorrow. Here’s what’s available.
- Fall Out Boy…tacos?
- The Deftones’s “adopt-a-dot” idea.
- Streaming service Tidal will soon be in Tesla vehicles.
- The US is really making it expensive for foreign artists to tour the country. Check out these new rules and fees.
- Malcolm Gladwell sat down with producer Rick Rubin to talk about Tom Petty.
- Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones is the subject of a new documentary entitled Somebody Up There Likes Me.
- The radio industry is asking the CRTC for regulatory relief.
- Who designed Nirvana’s “happy face” logo? Kurt said he did. This artist begs to differ. Still.