Published on September 28th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, September 28, 2018
Off to Winnipeg to see Paul McCartney tonight. I swear that when he does “Hey Jude” live, he casts healing properties over the crowd. It’s that good. Meanwhile, we have this for music news for September 28, 2018.
- On the topic of Macca, he has a new picture book called Hey Grandude.
- If the Foo Fighters can have a pop-up pub, then why can’t this band have a pop-up kebab shop?
- Speaking of the Foo Fighters, Dave says he’s “rarely sober” before the band hits the stage.
- Bradley Cooper says his inspiration for his character in the remake of A Star is Born was Eddie Vedder. But Eddie also told Cooper not to do the film.
- If you’re a musician, you might want to read this article on how to maintain an online persona.
- It’s a good thing that Apple bought Shazam because the company was losing millions.
- It’s predicted that streaming will have 20% yearly growth through 2026.
- On that same topic, how, exactly, does Shazam work in the first place? Here’s an explanation.
- Kids have already found ways to hack iOS12’s new screen time feature.
- A Taylor Swift-themed instant camera? Yep.
- Here’s an interesting musician #MeToo case. It’s definitely worth the read because it’s different from most.
- And here’s another #MeToo situation that might raise an eyebrow or two.
- Is it possible that SiriusXM will make a play for Live Nation? That’s the speculation.
- You know that celebrity social media account you follow? Are you sure that’s the real person?
- Here’s a great New York Times profile of Joan Jett.
- Er, are you sure you want to do that, Babs?