Published on September 7th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, September 7, 2018
Woke up in Vancouver today ready to cover the Skookum Festival. Watch this space for more. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for Friday, September 7, 2018.
- Beats headphones are now the official headphone of the NBA. That means players can’t be spotted wearing any other brand.
- And the Creative Director for the PornHub Awards is…Kanye West? Yep.
- How is streaming changing music? Let us count the ways.
- NBC weatherman Al Roker is heading to Broadways. Again.
- New solo work is coming from Thom Yorke. It’s the music he wrote for the Suspiria soundtrack.
- The next big market for hip-hop? India.
- Get ready for the iPhone XS next week.
- Elton John’s farewell tour is very, very hot on the secondary ticket market.
- And Ed Sheeran’s European tour made some BIG dollars.
- And one more: Fans of Ed Sheeran’s songwriting should probably read this.
- Imagine this: a love story movie based on the Pogues Shane McGowan. Now imagine Johnny Depp playing Shane. It’s happening, apparently. (Via Tom)
- Learn from Doja Cat: the Internet is forever.