[NOTE: I’m on vacation this week, so there will probably be fewer posts than usual. -AC]
On this day in 1982, Argentina started the Falklands War. And on April, 2, 2018, this is what’s making music news.
- The #WhoBitBeyonce mystery has been solved!
- Feeling academic? Try this article: “Brain connectivity reflects human aesthetic responses to music.” (Via Larry)
- Love high-end audio? This party is powered by a 50.000-watt stereo.
- There’s a rumour that The Weeknd offered Selena Gomez one of his kidneys.
- Nils Lofgren of the E Street Band had a bunch of guitars ripped off.
- The new owner of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas is Richard Branson.
- Arcade Fire thinks that everyone has lost their sense of humour. They’re not wrong.
- Queen guitarist Brian May–an astrophysicist himself–was at Stephen Hawking’s funeral.
- Let’s explore why people like David Bowie, Tom DeLonge and Olivia Newton-John believe in aliens.
- Cher, international diplomat.
- Real estate porn courtesy of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez.
- Looking for some furniture for your turntable and vinyl? Take a look at this.
- Another example of someone playing a musical instrument during brain surgery to make sure doctors don’t dig in the wrong place. (Via Tom)
- Good story: “The Radio Jock and Preacher Who Redeemed a Southern Town.”
- The tale of the one-copy-only Wu-Tang Clan album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, keeps evolving.
- And the story of the K-pop diplomacy between North and South Korea keeps expanding.
- Looking for some furniture to store your vinyl? This is pretty cool.