Random music news for Monday, April 10, 2023
There’s a Chicken McNuggets mystery. I’d like a piece of that. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for April 10, 2023.
- RIP Vivian Trimble, keyboardist with Luscious Jackson.
- It appears that David Crosby may have died from COVID.
- He lasted six years with Tay-Tay.
- Meanwhile, here’s the latest in the Mick Mars vs. the rest of Motley Crue lawsuit.
- Here are the most popular playlists on Spotify today.
- Fact: Timothy Chalamet is going to play Bob Dylan in the biopic. Also fact: He’s going to do is own singing.
- The Tragically Hip’s Yer Favourites collection is coming to vinyl. Finally.
- Diddy now says he was joking about paying Sting $5,000 per day for a sample. Jeez, I hope so.
- Click here if you’re a fan of Tool. Trust me.
- Geddy Lee’s autobiography is done. It’ll be out in November.
- Bring metal back to India. (Via Tom)
- How the Panama Papers exposé has manifested itself in rock music. This is…odd.
- Morrissey can’t seem to stay on a record label. He can, however, still sell lots of concert tickets.
- Brexit is really buggering up touring plans for acts in Europe. Here’s an example.
- Eddie Van Halen’s favourite guitar is going for auction. It’ll get at least USD$3 million.
- Here’s a good history of the iconic Whiskey on Sunset Boulevard.
- Earl Grey. Hot. (Not a Star Trek reference.)
BONUS: What if New Order’s “Blue Monday” were played on instruments from the 1930s?
2 thoughts on “Random music news for Monday, April 10, 2023”
I don’t get invested in celebrity romances, but I hope Taylor’s breakup doesn’t mean she never returns to doing interesting music with Aaron Dessner and the like of those 2 albums. There’s a million overproduced glossy pop artists out there who can do the thing she usually does. Those albums were actually worth a listen for something different.
Tay-Tay had another breakup after 6 years? Looks like a double album is due!