Published on April 22nd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, April 22, 2019
The first Earth Day was celebrated on this day in 1970. As for music news on April 22, 2019…
- Nine Inch Nails setlists are being auctioned off to raise money for youth writing projections. Details here.
- Adele has separated from her husband. This divorce is gonna be expensive.
- Mick Jagger is now up and around after his heart surgery. He was spotted at the world premiere of the Rolling Stones ballet in NYC.
- Wait: A Rolling Stones ballet? Yes.
- Beyoncé’s new deal with Netflix is worth a reported US$60 million. Wow.
- It looks like the fight over Prince’s $200 million estate is going to go on for a long, long, long time.
- Did I mention that Bandcamp has launched a vinyl-on-demand service? (Via Tom)
- Vinyl is still incredibly hot. Pressing plants are starting to show the strain.
- Why is the Caribbean Sea whistling? (Via Larry)
- Interested in listening to YouTube Music on your smart speaker? Read this first.
- Eminem has now been sober for 11 years and has something to say about that.
- The owner of the Indianapolis Colts dropped US$718,000 on John Lennon’s Sgt. Pepper piano.
- This was what a contest winner got in an MTV competition with Van Halen back in 1984. Imagine this happening today.
- These are the most metal strains of weed.