Random music news for Monday, April 26, 2021
Before we begin, please give it up for this rooster who gave it his all.
Now go out there are give Monday everything you’ve got, just like this rooster. And now, music news for April 26, 2021.
- My, how the world has changed. Industrial Trent Reznor won an Oscar last night for the score of the Disney movie Soul. Let that sink in for a bit.
- The May 8 edition of SNL will feature musical guest Miley Cyrus (fine) and guest host Elon Musk. No, really.
- They’ve got it together in New Zealand. This band played a gig in front of 50,000 fans.
- Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones spent part of the lockdown battling an aggressive form of cancer.
- Here’s a list of all the festivals across Canada that have been canceled or postponed so far in 2021.
- Spotify says they won’t skim anything from podcast subscriptions.
- This Apple TV series on rock music in 1971 looks interesting.
- And this looks good, too: “Sisters with Transistors,” a look at women in electronic music.
- Now Eminem is into NFTs.
- Ric Ocasek’s ex-wife Paulina Porizkova is dating Aaron Sorkin.
- Last week was the fifth anniversary of the death of Prince. Fans paid tribute like this.
- What’s it like for a musician to lose their hearing? “Like losing a hand.”
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers have switched management to Guy Oseary, who also looks after U2 and Madonna.
- Why are so many musicians fascinated with space and UFOs? This article could help explain things.
- Radio geeks should read this: “When Dr. Demonto Ruled the Airwaves.”
- This is fun: What kind of radio listener are you?
- This little bug is destroying a part of the electric guitar world.
- If a volcano is erupting, why not make a music video with it in the background?
- Johnny Lydon is now a full-time caregiver for his wife Nora, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Johnny is also not happy about the upcoming TV series on the Sex Pistols.