Random Music News for Monday, April 27, 2015
It was on this date in 1967 that Expo 67 official opened in Montreal.
- In addition to my newsletter, here are seven others that you should subscribe to.
- Chris Martin has given Gwyneth a present now that they’re getting divorced. How…sweet.
- If you’re a U2 fan, here’s a cool slideshow featuring all of the band’s visits to Canada.
- Judge: taking an 11 year-old to a Pink concert is not bad parenting.
- Lemmy has to cancel another concert because of his health.
- Interesting question: do charts matter in the age of Spotify?
- Jay Z is on a Twitter spree saying: “Tidal is doing just fine.” Uh-huh. Tell is another one.
- Al Gore is caught in another climate change hypocrisy–and this one involves music.
- The details include in this upcoming Amy Winehouse documentary are rankling some feathers with her father.
- The guy on top of Warner Music Group–Ukrainian oligarch Len Blavatnik–has been named the richest man in the UK.
- Three women in Russia have been jailed for twerking in public.
- Okay, so Spotify might not be worth more than the US recording industry.