Random Music News for Monday, April 6, 2015
- Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie has some things to say about his ex, Zooey Deschanel.
- A Seinfeld-inspired album is heading for the #1 spot on the US album charts this week. (Via Andrew)
- Morrissey has announced a new American tour. Questions: (1) Will he get sick again and have to cancel everything? (A: Probably); and (2) Are there any Canadian dates? (A: No, because we all still club baby seals.)
- Tidal and the future of music: music has a future; Tidal doesn’t.
- Just admit it, Jay Z. Tidal is a dumb idea even if you don’t think so.
- Sony is about to shut down a CD/DVD plant in Mexico. That should tell you something about the state of physical media for music and movies.
- Here’s a list of events for the big Rock and Roll Hall of Fame weekend that’s coming up.
- Let’s test out Neil Young’s Pono, shall we?
- The Frozen soundtrack has now passed 4 million in sales.
- The frontman for Puddle of Mudd has yet another meltdown.
- Can you imagine the fallout if a male performer did something like this? (Although I’m not entirely sure what the male equivalent might be…) (Via Tom)
- The Police’s Andy Summers has a new documentary in which is says what he really thinks of Sting.
- And speaking of documentaries, there’s a new HBO film on Frank Sinatra.
- More famous daddy-daughter combinations.
- The iPad is now five years old.
- And Beyonce is the first to release an exclusive song on Tidal.