Published on April 8th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, April 8, 2019
- Speaking of Kurt, here are seven book recommendations about him and Nirvana.
- Shawn Smith,
vocalistfor Brad (a Pearl Jam-related band) and Pigeonhed, died Friday at the age of 52 from complication from diabetes. That makes three grunge musicians–Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Smith, to die on April 5 over the years.
- A worker at Coachella died in a fall at one of the stage areas.
- Meanwhile, Mick Jagger continues to do fine–although his brother says it was touch-and-go for a bit.
- This place once owned by Cher is up for sale. These stories will seriously have you feeling sorry for the Backstreet Boys.
- This band is not only releasing a new cassette, but also a new 8-track. Where you do even get something like this made? (Via Scott)
- R Kelly performed for just 28 seconds in Springfield, Illinois. That is not a typo.
- Miley Cyrus is the subject of a petition over her Joshua tree photo.
- Eric Wilson, the bassist for Sublime, is recovering with broken bones after an ATV accident on his avocado ranch.
- The news of a lesbian fling within the Spice Girls almost derailed the reunion tour.
- Someone tracked a year’s worth of Apple podcasts and discovered some interesting thing.
- David Lee Roth: the podcast.
- This guy taught Ozzy how to meditate.