Random Music News for Monday, August 10, 2015
Crabgrass. I hate it. Now that there’s a herbicide ban everywhere, the only way to get rid of it is to dig it up. That was my weekend.
Enough whinging. Here’s some music news.
- Here are some never-before-seen Beatles pictures.
- David Bowie, Rolling Stone and the pig foetus.
- And there’s a place on this planet where David Bowie’s picture is on the money.
- How to embarrass dads with pop music questions. You will cringe.
- Ryan Adams has sport with Taylor Swift–and the Smiths.
- Here’s what can happen when Spotify gets behind an artist like Hozier.
- Lady Gaga = American Horror.
- This radio announcer was shot and killed while on the air.
- Twenty-nine years later, Ozzy is off the hook in the “Suicide Solution” case.
- Here’s why you absolutely must listen to music when you exercise.
- And here’s why you should NOT let your surgeon listen to music while he/she is operating on you.
- Attention Sony PR department: Miles Davis was not an “iconic singer.” (Via Tom)
- Phil Rudd still thinks he can be part of AC/DC.
- Meanwhile, in Eurythmics-related news… Well, sort of.
- Remember Katrina and the Waves’ “Walking on Sunshine?” Would you guess that it’s worth £10 million?
- Social music sharing site This is My Jam is going to be “archived” next month. It’s close to a shutdown but not quite.
- The connection between Amy Winehouse’s death and her eating disorder.
- A singalong musical version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail is coming to theatres in October.