Looking for that perfect brain implant on your way to becoming trans-human? Try these. Now some music news for August 16, 2021.
- Mike Sharp, guitarist with the British band, The Bicycle Thieves, has had his bike stolen.
- Travis Barker set foot on airplane for the first time since he was involved in a near-fatal crash 13 years ago.
- The federal government has committed $70 million to help support artists and live music. It’s almost like there was an election campaign.
- Oh, the good old days of sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll…
- Tony Bennett has retired from music on doctor’s orders. He’s 95. (Via Sean)
- Guns N’ Roses has a counterfeit merch problem. The lawyers have been called.
- Augmented Reality for the ear? Yes–and it’s already here.
- Nicki Minaj, her husband, another woman, and...rape? (Sean again)
- Ever wonder what John Lennon thought of punk? This. (Still more from Sean)
- “I saw a vaccinated tiger”: A Joe Exotic parody song. (Jeezus, Sean. Take a rest!)
- This St. Vincent film looks great! Check out the trailer. (ENOUGH, Sean!)
- Nickelback failed to have a plagiarism charge against them dismissed.
- Is Ed Sheeran about to collaborate on a metal project with Cradle of Filth? Maybe.
- This is good: The road from record stores to streaming.
- Bono made a surprise appearance at a film festival in Sarajevo.
More news? Check here.