Random music news for Monday, August 19, 2019
On this date in 1953, the CIA and MI6 overthrew the regime in Iran and installing the West-friendly Shah. That hasn’t worked out so well over the decades, has it? Here’s what we have for music news for August 19.
- Aretha Franklin died from pancreatic cancer. This has inspired some new research funding.
- Can we connect The Simpsons with Tool? We can at least try.
- Here’s an interesting band tattoo problem.
- A lost album from John Coltrane has been found. Thank a French-Canadian director.
- Want better audio quality from your Spotify stream on your phone? Try this.
- Kiefer Sutherland fell leaving his tour bus and was “seriously injured.”
- Deep fakes: Now it has come to singers. This scares me.
- A Dave Grohl fan? Then read this.
- Just in case you still haven’t had enough Woodstock 50th anniversary trivia, there’s this.
- Ever wonder where Rob Zombie got the moaning that appears in White Zombie’s “More Human Than Human?” From here.
- The latest artist to release a song about mass shootings in America is NOFX. Listen here.
- Korn is planning a virtual concert.
- Wanna buy Billie Joe Armstrong’s “personal surf van?” It’s for sale–but you’ll have to go get it in New Zealand.
- No more dreads for the Counting Crows’ Adam Duritz.
- The late Peter Fonda apparently helped the Beatles write a song during an acid trip in 1965.
- Can vinyl records be green? Yes. Yes, they can.