Published on August 24th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, August 24, 2015
Mount Vesuvius blew its top on this day in 79. Poor Pompei. Now, an awkward segue into music news.
- Bon Jovi has left his record label after 32 years.
- How far off is a genuine Guns ‘N Roses reunion? Not as far off as this time last week.
- As I predicted, people lost their shit over the new Kanye-inspired Adidas sneakers.
- Dr. Dre’s Compton album? About that 85% drop in sales after the first week…
- Remember this phrase: “music industry upfronts.” It’s part of a big change in the way the music industry does business.
- Hollywood director Paul Thomas Anderson has made a documentary about his friend, Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead.
- Wiz Khalifa was arrested for riding his hoverboard at LAX. Yes, his hoverboard.
- Glass Tiger frontman Alan Frew suffered a stroke on Thursday. Details from Alan here.
- A bunch of Taylor Swift’s friends showed up for her LA concert.
- Meanwhile, she was offered $4.3 million to play a wedding. She refused.
- Come March, that’ll be it for One Direction.
- A dude who spent $100,000 on plastic surgery to look like Justin Bieber has gone missing.
- Want to write a book about the music industry? Here’s the kind of stuff you’ll have to do.
- Venetian Snares hates you. And everyone and everything else.
- A good doc on DC punk and the activism that went along with it.
- The frontman of Canadian hardcore legends SNFU was hit with a glass in the face mid-show in New Zealand. He’ll be okay.