Do want your own rocket that looks like a penis but aren’t a billionaire? Then go here! Once you’re done, you can check out music news for August 30, 2021.
- Today is a holiday in the UK and there were plenty of live events over the long weekend. Now the country is preparing for a COVID spike. (Via Sean)
- Neil Young thinks that holding a concert or festival these days means you’re holding a superspreader event.
- Back to the mosh pit? Discuss.
- The Taliban are closing down music schools in Afghanistan.
- Justin Bieber is now Spotify’s most listened-to artist with 83.3 million monthly listeners.
- This could be the most sophisticated portable music device ever created. And it’s expensive.
- It looks like Apple Watch has a user base of over 100 million people now.
- In case you missed Kanye’s bring-out-my-friends stunt last week, this is what happened.
- More Iron Maiden cartoons! (Via Tom)
- Just in passing: Gavin Rossdale was married to Gwen Stefani for 14 years. His new girlfriend is named Gwen Singer. Just sayin’.
- A Charlie Watts anecdote: When The Rolling Stones toured, he liked to have his dressing room laid out just like his living room at home.
- Michael Jackson left some music behind. We may soon hear some of it.
- The USA Mullet Challenge is on now! You can vote–if you must.
- It’s been twenty years since the release of Slipknot’s Iowa album. Here’s an appreciation of that record.
- Sting to the dead Italian duke: “I’m sorry for what I said about you ripping me off.”
- Finally, Clubhouse has a new “surround-sound” feature that apparently makes chats sound more realistic. (One more from Sean)
BONUS: Parents destroy son’s porn collection. Son sues parents. Judge sides with son. Now he has to figure out how much the collection was worth to award damages. (Spoiler: US$45,000. That’s a lot.)
More news? Check here.