Published on August 5th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, August 5, 2019
This is one of the few days of the year that Canadians get a stat while America doesn’t. Feels good, right? Here’s music news for August 5, 2019.
- A journalist has blamed the mass shooting in Dayton on the music of a band called The Acacia Strain.
- Maynard James Keenan appeared on the Joe Rogan podcast to talk about what took Tool so damn long to release an album.
- Remember the Marilyn Manson/Hole tour of 1999? It was a disaster.
- D.A. Pennebaker. the documentarian who worked on concert films with everyone from John Lennon to David Bowie to Depeche Mode has died at the age of 94.
- What is FLAC? A better sounding digital music format that blows away MP3st. Read about it here.
- Liam Gallagher believes in aliens–or something like them.
- Chris Martin’s little sister has jumped into the entertainment biz.
- An amicus brief signed by 123 artists has been filed in the Led Zeppelin/Spirit plagiarism case. Maybe this will help end this nonsense.
- Yoshiki from X Japan donated US$94,000 to the victims of the Kyoto Animation Studio fire, which was another case of mass murder.
- Travis Barker of blink-182 has a problem with Graham Sierota of Echosmith communicating with his daughter. And here’s Sierota’s defense.
- Noel Gallagher finally unloaded his North London mansion.
- Aretha Franklin’s family is selling this Michigan house.
- And there’s more celebrity real estate porn here.
- One of the first things A$AP Rocky did when he was released from a Swedish jail was to attend one of Kanye West’s Sunday Services.
- Meanwhile, no bail for R Kelly.
- There’s a new book coming on the late Malcolm Young of AC/DC. Read an excerpt here.
- Cats on synthesizers in space. Click here.