This may be the grossest thing that you read all week. Sorry. Nothing to apologize when it comes to music news for December 12, 2022.
- Sorry, Mariah. You’ve been out-streamed by a song released in 1958.
- Do we really need Christmas music? We do?
- Elton John is the latest star to quit Twitter.
- It took Kanye seconds to get re-banned from Instagram.
- AM radio has survived more than a hundred years. But it may be killed off by the rise of electric cars.
- But at least one politician wants to make sure that AM radio lives.
- Backstreet’s NOT back for Christmas because of some rape allegations.
- Apple Music and Spotify don’t break hits like they used to. Could it be…TikTok?
- Taylor Swift: “Yeah, I like music but what I really want to do is write and direct a movie.”
- Madonna just sold off one of her MTV awards. At US$38,000, that seems cheap.
- Why would someone want to bomb a Patti LaBelle show? (No one did, but there was a threat.)
- Dumbest. Headphones. Ever. Discuss.
- OVER MY DEAD BODY! Same to you, ChatGPT.
- Hey, whatever happened to the Columbia House Records and Tapes (and CDs) Club? This.
BONUS: If you’re of a certain age, this will bring back memories. I think I have something in my eye.