Published on December 14th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, December 14, 2015
Back to reality. Drat. It was much more fun monitoring the music news from a Caribbean villa.
- Guys: This will give you another reason to hate Justin Bieber–if you didn’t already have reason enough.
- Here’s a shock: Adele’s 25 is at #1 for the third week in the row in the US.
- What? A new surprise album from Prince?
- Something seems to have gone very wrong with North Korea’s supposed goodwill music tour of China. (Catch up here.) (Via Tom.)
- Taylor Swift: Nazi Barbie. Really, Camille Paglia? (Shake it off, Swift.) (Tom again,)
- This is interesting: After all the angst surrounding her music and Apple Music, Taylor Swift has granted them an exclusive content deal.
- How Frank Sinatra invented Justin Bieber. Please try not to hate him for that. (Still more Tom.)
- The founder of The Pirate Bay has “given up” because “the Internet is shit today. It’s broken.”
- UNESCO has declared Liverpool an official City of Music.
- This is interesting: Britain’s first Muslim hip-hop group and their message of union.
- This home designed by Mick Jagger’s daughter is up for sale.
- Lady Gaga calls out the music industry for being an old boys’ club.
- It’s time for Britain to start obsessing about what song will make it to #1 for Christmas.
- Are these the five worst music moments of 2015?
- Streaming music services seem to help convert young people into fans of vinyl.
- Weird history: the night Led Zeppelin was joined onstage by The Osmonds.
- Can you imagine Peter Mansbridge doing this?