Published on December 17th, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Monday, December 17, 2018
It’s the final sprint towards Christmas. How crazy is the next seven days for you? Can you take time to check out the music news for December 17, 2018?
- Sepultura wine. Yes, reds and whites.
- A Goth-themed pizza-and-beer place? Yes, please.
- Expect a return of The Strokes in 2019. (Via Larry)
- Apple wants to launch a streaming service to take on Netflix. Here’s what we know.
- Why are NYC WiFi kiosks suddenly playing creepy music? Old-fashioned phone phreaking.
- What’s the NFL going to do about the Super Bowl halftime show? No one wants the gig.
- Beyonce was hired to perform at this wedding. She was one of the smallest expenses.
- The so-called Godfather of SoundCloud is doing…what?
- Frank Sinatra’s last-ever car seems like something of a bargain.
- There might be some gift ideas here for the musician on your list.
- If you’re using “
donald” as any password anywhere, you need to change it. Now.
- Is the golden age of the iPhone over? Maybe.
- The co-founder of Vine and creator of HQ Trivia was found dead at his Manhattan home. Colin Kroll was 35.
- You gotta wonder how much Mariah is gonna get paid for this New Year’s Eve gig. I know this place well. It holds 350 people, max.
- Music streaming and podcast listening in cars is growing quickly. Very quickly.
- France is going to tax Google and Facebook as of January 1.
- Here’s a Broadway musical called Punk Rock Girl based on female-fronted bands.